Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Catching Up: The Big Post





o





This stuff is all from basically two weeks ago.

The people in the picture(the one with people) are Terry, Jenny, and Annie in clockwise order. They are my buddies assigned to me by the university and are pretty fun to hang around. That is at a restaurant they all took me to, which is where the food pictured came from. It is some kind of spicy stew like thing in which you add different meets and vegetables into. It also comes with tofu and blood pudding in it. It was duck blood and while it had the consistency of jello, it tasted delicious. The servers kept bringing out tons of food to keep adding to the bubbling pot in the middle. I don't remember if I already wrote about this but I really don't care either way; I do what I want. We also had ice cream, although it really wasn't ice cream in the American since. It was better.

The statue is just a cool statue in front of a building. I thought it was really funny that the big lion was killing the little one.

The other pictures of food are fried dumplings and bubble tea, which are everywhere in Taipei. The dumplings are supposed to be some of the best in Taipei and I find that a hard statement to argue.

The dogs on the lawn in front of the library are just dogs in front of the library. Dogs are everywhere in Taipei and I don't think there are leash laws. Some are strays, some are just like cats in the States that just get to wander about. It bugs me about the ones that are obviously just abandoned because that isn't right.

The other pictures are of the Taipei Game Show, as in Video Game Expo. It was interesting to go to but completely not worth it. It was crowded to the point that I started to midly freak out about not able to move. Literally you were shoulder to shoulder with people. It was strange and fascinating but I shouldn't have gone on a Saturday. The picture of the car is front of the Sony area and is a Grand Tourismo; just for Brad. There was tons of cool stuff like a proffesional Starcraft II tournament, and areas for each of the main systems; plus game girls advertising things which is always a plus. But again, it wasn't that great. Especially since I can't understand the language.

Now the Lantern Festival I went to which I will not be posting pictures about was at Taipei 101. Pictures are on my facebook page where I posted all of them. This is not the traditional one where the light the lanterns with the wishes on them and let them fly into the air. I didn't go to that one because, honestly, I just didn't want to have to go that far out of the city and get back in the morning. This one was plenty cool though, with awesome lantern sculptures and a more fair like atmosphere. Plus the giant bunny was awesome. I don't really know what to write about this besides link the pictures to this. It was more of a you had to be there thing. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1332804344&aid=2111402 Thats were the pictures are, I guess.

And we're caught up. I haven't taken any pictures of school and class yet which will be my next endeavor for this blog.

Levi

2 comments:

  1. did you see the car? it looks like a nissan gt-r...but i could be wrong. thanks for thinking about me though! haha

    ReplyDelete